Show your appreciation and thanks to all the postal workers you meet today, as it is National Postal Worker Day.
When we think about postal workers, postal carriers usually come to mind. But they also include the clerks behind the counter, mail sorters, truck drivers, management, and a wide range of other jobs at the Postal Service.
Easy ways to show appreciation:
- Grab one of the My Paper Cards you’ve been holding on to and drop it in the mailbox for your mail carrier (make sure you make it obvious that it is for them and not part of your regular mail)
- Grab some snacks and drinks and leave them outside for all the delivery drivers. ( especially water for those hot days)
- Clean up around your porch and/or mailbox. Don’t make delivering mail a tedious task.
- Bonus* Send some fresh cookies to your local post office.
Which one will you do?
Help I don’t know what to write on my card?!
Funny jokes and puns to write in a thank you card for postal worker day.
- A friend wants to give up being a postman to become a comedian, but his delivery is awful.
- A friend of mine lost his job as a postman. He just wasn’t delivering the goods.
- Stamps. They sit in the corner and do nothing all day and somehow still travel all over the world.
- One of my daughters wants to marry the mailman…But I won’t letter!
- I scared the mailman by answering the door naked.
I don’t know what scared him more. The fact I was naked or because I knew where he lived.